Sunday, July 27, 2008

Thoughts of Home

I've never thought about "home" as much as I do now that I live in Uganda.

It dawned on me this morning, as I was praising Jesus with Fort Portal church, that every Sunday I envision Caldwell church...where my parents are sitting, how they would love to hold Anaiah during church, how I would love to sit next to them and hear their voices...I can see my Grandmas, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, and Friends. I haven't worshiped with Caldwell very much in the past few years, but I can picture it so clearly.

I was reminded that Caldwell church was hosting the PMC (Partnership for Missional Church) this weekend when I talked with my mom on the phone last Friday. It made me wish I could be there to see so many family and friends!!

For all of you who were able to attend the BBQ at my Grandma's house--I know that you must have enjoyed yourselves. I have spent many hours in that backyard, creating memories that are quite dear to me; it's a GREAT yard, especially for eating with family & friends! I can just imagine everyone visiting- moving from one circle of friends to another, meeting new faces, and eating lots of good food!

For those of you who were there--YOU ARE SO LUCKY!!! Oh, and I hope that Idaho was all you hoped it would be. :)

7 comments:

Kristi said...

It was so great, Aimee Jo! The Caldwell congregation, and your Grandma especially, was incredibly hospitable. Without knowing you had written this, I wrote you a long account of the weekend - just so you could envision what we doing. You were on my mind so much of the time. Aimee has watched sunsets over this corn field for years. I bet she liked going to this County Fair. This is right where Aimee would be sitting if she was here at church today (on the row with grandma & your parents). I wish you had been there, but we are also so proud of where you are instead. Love you so much!

Amanda Rae said...

it is weird because you and i were hoping the exact same thing. kelsey and i kept saying so much how we both longed to be home in Idaho this last weekend. I feel like I don't get to go home enough, and then I read this and it gives me a reality check that it will be so much longer until you get to come home. I will do my best sweet sister to keep you connected to all that is going on here. I miss you and I know you were missed this weekend. Hugs and kisses to you all. I love you so much!!

Sibs said...

Hey guess what? I got to see your mom, dad and grandma last weekend! They are such nice people and they asked how Kristy and Macy were doing. I could tell they really missed you guys though. How are you guys doing by the way? Oh yeah, congrats on the whole pregnancy thing! tell andrew that we said hello!

Leah said...

What a blessing to see your family's farm. I found myself thinking of you and praising God for the rich family heritage of faith found there. I met "Margaret Evans" who was a name on a support check for you until last weekend. What a wonderful woman, busy at work to make sure her guests were provided for. She has such a beautiful smile. It was an honor to meet her. ~ In my tears of sadness knowing you miss them, there are tears of pride in knowing where you are and the important ministry you are living. I am so VERY proud of you.

D and D's Adventures said...

You are right! I often watch some of the other grandmas in church with their grandchildren and I wish desperately that I could have Anaiah sitting on my lap. I would love to hear her sing and watch her clap her hands. It was a really wonderful weekend and it was good to see friends and meet new ones as well. We enjoyed having the Baldwins and Barnes in our home for a few days. Now that I have the guest bedrooms ready, I need some more visitors - possibly from Fort Portal. You, Andrew, my little sweet pea and sprout are always in my heart. I love all of you. Mon/Nana

The Chad said...

Everytime I go out to the farm I realize how welcome I feel there. Lots of good memories with friends.

Hope all is well.

Chelan said...

I'm just catching up on blogs and saw this post of yours... my mom and others said it was so wonderful to meet your family and be hosted in Caldwell. What a wonderful thing PMC has been for the churches involved. I kept thinking of how incredibly hospitable your grandmother is... I've been to her house and had a bbq there, but it wasn't even with you! She invited the vball team over from Cascade when we were playing in Caldwell. But you, surely, have the most memories there... oh how I wish you could continue to make memories there! But your memories in Uganda are beginning for Anaiah and she'll reflect on them as an adult with fondness, just as you reflect on your grandma's house now. Much love friend!