Thursday, July 24, 2008

Beans, Beans, the Magical Fruit

It's true--I have a lot of gas due to pregnancy, but that's not what this post is about! :)

Every time I sit at my table to go through the monotonous task of sorting the beans, I can only think about how I miss going to the store and picking out a can of refried beans. I dream of simply opening the can, dumping them in the pan, and BAM--within minutes, they are ready to go! (It's good for all you back in the States to know what will make me happy when we come! Don't worry about taking me to movies or the mall, just a grocery store where I can pick out some canned food to make for an easy dinner!)

Tonight it was nice to have power during my bean sorting fun. I had both lights to see and music to listen to, in order to pass the time more quickly. Luckily, I'm only making enough for Andrew and me, so I didn't have to do the whole bag.

I am excited for our dinner tomorrow--the tortilla making (done by our house worker) and bean preparation, although time consuming, make for a delicious meal!!

1 comment:

brenda said...

So, um, when did you get a house worker? I am so glad you have more help around the house, especially in your "condition"! I hope she works out well for you.