Tuesday, December 18, 2007

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas??

No, not really. It is 75 degrees, sunny, and there is not Christmas cheer wherever you go.

We did see a few fake x-mas trees for sell in a Kampala store and have seen one or two Christmas billboards, but other than that, it does not feel like Christmas when we are out and about in Uganda.

But, in the Cash family home, it is a different story. Cheryl has the house decorated so cute--with lights, a tree, stockings, bows, and we even eat off of fun x-mas plates!! There is Christmas music playing when we wake up in the morning, and it brought tears to my eyes this morning when I walked into the kitchen and heard Amy Grant's album playing; that brings many memories of home and I know that my parents have been listening to the same thing back in Idaho.

Yesterday, we put Anaiah's new x-mas bib on her...Cheryl found it at a market last week and bought it just for my sweet baby girl. Here she is...Santa's Little Helper:



As for other news, Andrew and I are going to look at a house today. It is a house that we saw in 2005 when we visited and we really liked it. It is available right now, but we'll have to work out a price that we can afford for monthly rent. We'll let you know how it goes and we'll take some pics if it ends up being the one!

12 comments:

mamajoy said...

She is the cutest little christmas elf. She already has grown so. It must be that warm weather. I hope the house works out for you. Love Mom

Kristi said...

That is too cute! Praying for the house - keep us posted.

Sorry to always direct you to my blog . . . but you should check it out

brenda said...

Wow! House hunting already, I am really really excited for you. And of course Anaiah is adorable!

emilykaypeters said...

Praying for the house hunt. I am glad that you guys got there safely and are getting acclimated.

Amanda Rae said...

why do i have the cutest niece EVER!?!?! she is so adorable!! and that is sooooo exciting about the house, and that it is the same one you saw in 05, maybe it is a sign!!! I will pray about that. I love you sister!!

Priscilla said...

I hope that the house is exactly what you are looking for and can afford! And of course I agree with everyone...Anaiah is too adoreable!

Luke Coles said...

I love the bib. It's amazing to think that you're over there already. Keely was born on monday. Go to my blog to see some pics.

Kori said...

We are glad to hear that you all arrived safely. Best of luck, and we hope to keep in touch as much as possible.

Sarah Megan said...

You daughter is pretty darn cute :)

Good luck with the house. Ill be praying about it

kelsey Bryanne said...

She is soooo cute! I am sitting at home with mandie, bailey and kenz and we are missing you! keep listening to those wonderful amy grant christmas songs:) I love you!
kels

Unknown said...

I hope that you do have a wonderful Christmas despite the like of snow, etc. Blessings with the house hunting.

Patty said...

You might actually grow to love those warm Christmases over time. We miss our Christmas pool parties! Have fun. We love you.